Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, March 18, 2024

Frieda and Flowers, Again


Frieda does enjoy my flowers.


I took the photo with my iPhone at night, from a distance, so a bit blurry, but then so am I. Sorry, Frieda. The day began dreary, now the sun is making a welcome appearance. We are to get measurable snow this week. It has happened once, in this part of the state, the entire winter. We desperately need moisture.

Yesterday was a quiet, comfortable day of guilt-free leisure for me. Mark can't do leisure, he's too nervous/anxious, whatever it is. I have been forced into it and sometimes, when I feel it's my choice, I enjoy it. Monday = laundry day, so that is happening. I found a recipe for simple Italian bread I may make after lunch. My bread making has come down to the simplest of loaves. Life is narrowing down to the simplest of things and I'm allowing myself to realize that's ok. In case it isn't clear, I am by my nature a driven individual who has had a habit of forward motion. Maybe the fates forced me into slowing down and smelling the bread baking! I am learning to accept that which I cannot change, but to attempt to change to a reasonable degree. Such a philosopher.

The washing machine has given me the ding-ding signal it is finished, so I'd best be off to my scheduled duty. May you all move onto your own ding-ding signal.

12 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

All of Minnesota needs moisture! I just read where there is a state wide burning ban effective today.

Sandra said...

Far Side, I know! I saw on the morning news most of the state is under a high fire risk alert. Hopefully the snow, or rain, will happen for all of us. It has been passing us by.

Boud said...

We've had do much rain this winter. All our snow came down as rain. We're more on flood watch than fire watch.
Yes, you're all about forward motion, though now it's in a lower gear.

Sandra said...

Boud, the weather nationwide has been all over the place.
Low and slow forward is much more appreciated than the reverse gear I have been in! BTW, I'm still doing the toe lifting exercise you had posted awhile ago. It seems to be helping.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I know about anxious. On my mom side they explain it as..'High Strung"

Sandra said...

Dora, It's in Mark's family, too. I'm glad I don't have that high strung thing!

Lori Skoog said...

All you can do is go with the flow! It has not been dry around here as we have had rain and now a little more snow. This entire week will be in the 30s and the wind drives me nuts.

Sandra said...

Lori, that is the sometimes sad truth! We desperately need rain. We were windy for several days. Not so far today.

Anvilcloud said...

What a pleasing domestic picture with kitty and flowers.

Sandra said...

AC, Frieda is a good model, she also likes to pull at the flower leaves. I'm enjoying the flowers a lot.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Of course, there's nothing wrong with guilt-free leisure, Sandra, and I need to make more time for that myself. Today, I had planned on writing some notes and Easter cards and instead did house cleaning. Now, where are my priorities?

Sandra said...

Dorothy, I am coming to this conclusion, too! I guess they were with a clean house today. Tomorrow it may be the notes and cards. :)