Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Kitties

A new kitty.



This fine looking fellow attached himself to my son's wife in the past few days and hung out at the door of their house. They brought him in a couple of days ago, took him to the vet yesterday. He is about 18 months old and has an appointment for the snip snip. The other cat, Twinkles, has been lonely since Murphy died and as you can see, both cats are chill. That cannot be said for Homer. Matthew says he  is in high alert mode, he knows another cat has invaded his territory. Homer is too aggressive to be in the same space as the cats so they live upstairs and have the roam of the house at night. He is a pretty fellow.

There is a stray orange tabby I am feeding. He was skinny but is looking good now. He doesn't want anything to do with me, but he is fed and has access to shelter. So many cats out there.

Tomorrow will be my first practice drive. I placed a pick-up order at Aldi and I have a prescription to collect, so that will be my mission. Mark will come with me. How weird that this is a bit frightening for me. I have been driving since I was 16 and most of that driving was in a city environment. Now, jello legs.

It's another nice day. I accomplished some things yesterday and plan to continue today. Tomorrow afternoon is set aside for some lawn mowing. So exciting!

20 comments:

Miss Merry said...

When I started driving again, after a broken arm during covid, I found it helpful to just sit in my car first - remembering where all the buttons are. Adjusting the heat and wipers and radio station, lol. Then I backed up and down the driveway a few times. It came back to me quickly.

Rita said...

What a handsome guy. Who could resist him! I do love cats...well, critters in general--lol!

I would think with a little practice it will come back to you pretty quickly, but it is scary when you haven't driven for a long time. I know! When I became disabled I couldn't afford to own a car anymore. Dagan used to lend me his car once in a while. Went a couple of years once and remember how scary that was at first. Came back to me fairly quickly, to my surprise. But it has been nine years since I've been behind the wheel! So right now, I'd be terrified! But even so--if needs be--I think with a bit of practice somewhere safe it would probably come back to me and I could get used to an alien larger vehicle--lol! (Would rather not, though--lol!) But if there was ever an emergency where I had to drive to save somebody...there would be no time for fear or hesitation. So, I keep renewing my license...just in case. ;) LOL! You can do this. I know you can. I bet it will go smoother than you think. :) *hugs*

Sandra said...

That's some good advice Miss Merry. I'm going to take it.

Sandra said...

Rita, fortunately I live in a rural part of the West Metro, so some of my driving will be more than likely without any other vehicle. Until I get to the paved roads. I've got to woman up! Nine years is a long time.

nick said...

What a lovely cat. I hope you can get Homer to behave himself and not cause ructions!

Boud said...

I've had that experience where your confidence takes a while to come back. But it does. Short drives just for no reason, daily, help a lot to retrieve that familiarity.

Lori Skoog said...

On the road again.......

Far Side of Fifty said...

You will be fine driving, it will all come back to you! Hope you didn't let your license lapse!

e said...

I know you will be fine but I understand the jello legs too.

Val Ewing said...

It will probably feel odd at first but then you'll get right to it!

Good luck!

Anvilcloud said...

While I wouldn't mind having another cat, Lacey would have a conniption.

Sandra said...

He is lovely, nick. Homer belongs to my son and he will never get over himself!

Sandra said...

Boud, I hope so. I feel like a kid having the first driving lesson!

Sandra said...

Lori, soon. Look out world!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I didn't let it expire, Mark saw to that.

Sandra said...

Thanks, e. I sure hope so. Today is the big day!

Sandra said...

Val, for everyone's sake I hope so.

Sandra said...

AC, I've had one cat like that. Dogs were ok, no other cats. Ever!

peppylady (Dora) said...

We haven't mowed our lawn yet.

The Happy Whisk said...

I'm reading out of order and saw that you drove! Wooohoooooo!!!!