Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, April 26, 2024

Comfy Frieda

From very scared stray kitten to Lady of the Manor.




After my driving adventure and then lunch I mowed most of the lawn yesterday. It seems spring has sprung. Dare I say it? We are having a rainy day, which is much appreciated. We're out of drought, now we need to stay out. There's a lot of flower bed cleanup needed. Phlox have invaded everywhere. How is something so beautiful also such a menace? That could be said for people, too!

We've had pasta in one form or another nearly every evening. I haven't had interest in cooking and it's fast and easy. Tonight I plan to make steelhead trout. Wish me luck.


 

15 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Driving the car and mowing too, good for you. I let all my flower beds go to wild gardens, much easier!

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool on the driving and the lawn. Mowed yesterday. This is my third time this year. April for us is lots and lots of mowing. I enjoy it. Pasta sounds good! We get on kicks with stuff and we'll have that over and over for awhile.

Boud said...

You had a day of accomplishment. I haven't had trout in a long time, now I'm wondering..
About kitties settling. Annabelle was found in a dumpster, which I used to remind her of when she snooted her food!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I still can drive a lawn tractor, thankfully! Mine are out of control with phlox.

Sandra said...

Ivy, this was my first mowing. I love pasta and have it maybe too often

Sandra said...

Boud, I did! I make the steelhead in foil with garlic, tarragon and butter. It is good.

I often tell Gatto no good deed goes unpunished. He ignores me. Who would put a kitten in a dumpster? Humanity.

Lori Skoog said...

You are still on a roll!!!!

Rita said...

Very pretty Lady of the Manor. ;)
Your pasta looks delicious.
So you drove more than just the car that day--lol!
Have a wonderful weekend. :)

nick said...

We've left a small lawn that's covered with dandelions unmowed so the bees can make use of the dandelions. But for some reason they avoid the dandelions in favour of other flowers. Go figure.

Anvilcloud said...

The Lady reminds me of cats of mine very long ago.

Sandra said...

Lori, maybe if rolling out of bed qualifies!!

Sandra said...

Rita, I did. The lawn tractor and I were on the lawn alone, though. đŸ˜‰ My little tortie monster owns my heart. Enjoy your weekend, as well.

Sandra said...

well, very inconsiderate bees, I'd say, nick!

Sandra said...

AC, I'm happy if she brought back good memories.

The Happy Whisk said...

❤️