Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lunch With A Friend

My friends are my estate.
- Emily Dickinson
A simple pleasure. An afternoon spent eating, swapping stories, reminiscing. Realizing life is more than the hustle and bustle of the next thing that needs doing. 

You know, we go around, chasing our tail and forgetting about the important things. Too much time on internet forums, facebook and blogs and not enough face time with the people in our lives. Quick snippets of interaction, helpful to be sure in our busy times, but a poor substitute for an afternoon spent over a leisurely lunch which is a lovely excuse for time with a person.

I thank my friend for an uplifting afternoon of conversation and fine food. Too long a time has passed between. I won't let that happen anymore.

2 comments:

Christy Fritz said...

I fully agree with your sentiments. Am headed to the pub tonight, to chat with real live people...:):) It is so refreshing.
Glad you were able to get out and have such a nice time.
christy:)
PS Don't I wish the budget could afford lunch with a certain friend south of the Equator. :)

Sandra said...

Oh my, wouldn't that be something! If my budget allowed, I would go with you!

I'm glad to hear you are going out with friends, you spend your time doing an admirable job all day, you need this. We all need it. : )