Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back In The Day

Remember, there are no mistakes, only lessons. Love yourself, trust your choices, and everything is possible. 
Cherie Carter-Scott

I don't know how much a strong-willed young woman should trust her choices, but when you are that person.........you believe whatever you do is full of possibles and damn the mistakes.

I was a young adult in the late 1960's. I was a colorful young woman who took full advantage of the tumultuous times I found myself in. I did things I shouldn't have done, but I did them and overall, I don't regret it. Every generation has it's time and this was mine. It would have been a horrible time to be a parent, but I wasn't, they were. Poor dears. I was a terror.

I was introduced to the music of Shawn Phillips while I was at a party I should not have been at. I became hooked. If I had met this man and he told me he was leaving that night for Istanbul, come along. Less than a heartbeat. I would have gone.  

So here's to youthful hearts and wistful memories. A poet with an amazing voice. Now I'm going to remember...........




An older Shawn, but still has the voice.








No comments: