Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, February 20, 2009

Oi, Gevald!

Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle.
Bob Hope


Anyone of a certain age probably knows this, but as I have grown older, certain body parts have grown larger. I've noticed my nose is bigger, my feet are bigger and the sockets have deepened around my eyes!

I understand why my butt is bigger, why I don't have a waist and why I have chipmunk cheeks. But how does a nose get larger. My helper Deb told me cartilage doesn't stop growing. Great. My spine compresses and makes me shorter and my nose and ears can keep growing until I end up looking like one of the seven dwarfs.

I think I need something to eat.

3 comments:

Just Jules said...

Maybe that is why we start to appreciate inner beauty more as we age - it is a defense mechanism ;)

Glad to be back here again in your little corner of the bloggy world.

Alexandra said...

I heard ears continue to grow, but I hadn't heard about the nose...

Sandra said...

I like that Jules. I'm going to go with it, my inner beauty!

I really noticed the nose after I had my hair colored. I have a Mac, which has a camera. I was trying to take a photo to post, but I had too much glare on my glasses. Then I started to notice my generous nose had become even more generous! I had tried a couple of photos w/o glasses and saw eyes rather deeply set. : )

Inner beauty, yeah that's what I have.