Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Isn't She Lovely

Yesterday I mentioned in comments that I'd had an MGA. This is not my actual car, but this is what it was....1959 MGA. This is the car I was pulling the ragtop up on when Mark offered to help me. I bought it when I was married to husband #1 and kept it until the late 1990s. I used to love cars. At some point in my life they became a mode of transportation and not inspiration. I had some marvelous times in this baby. I've owned several sports cars in my youth. I shudder at it now, but I hauled a toddler around in this wide open car. Ah, memories.




Back to real time. I did make zucchini fritters last evening for dinner. I think I can explain why Mark and I get along so well. For about an hour after dinner he was still raving about how good they were. I cook and he appreciates what I cook. A lot. And, he stays out of my way. I am not a two-people-in-the-kitchen person! He said last night that he knows how his butt disappeared. It left skid marks on the floor the first time I kicked him out of the kitchen.

We had a couple of heavy downpours yesterday. There was dancing in the house. We still need rain but, man-oh-man, was that appreciated. We have a beautiful morning and a mild day ahead. No complaints about weather today.

I saw a video pop-up on Google of Giada De Laureniis making pesto with fresh tomatoes. I make pesto rosso with dried tomatoes but this was new to me. I had a bunch of purple-ish cherry tomatoes so I gave it a go. I used the tomatoes, garlic, basil, walnuts and parmesan, and of course, olive oil. It's really good. Who knew! I got three small jars from that one batch.

I intend to be productive today. Intentions and results don't always match, but let us hope.


 

16 comments:

Boud said...

I'm just a car gets me a to b and carries stuff I need to haul person, rather than my neighbor who describes herself as a gearhead, who became quite poetic about her special citron colored mg. She couldn't watch when it was finally towed away.

I fancy that pesto idea. I've mainly made green pesto, but maybe I could branch out.

Sandra said...

Boud, beautiful cars, fast cars, were something I really liked at one time. At some point cars became the same for me as for you. I do enjoy the memories.

I also put walnuts in the pesto, which I added on the post. She used almonds. I've also seen zucchini used to make pesto, I am going to give it a try. I have a lot of parsley and I have used that in the past for pesto. I'm on a pesto mission!

Anonymous said...

I had a 1972 MG and it was so fun to drive! I then got a and still have a 1980 280 Z. I still have it but it is up on struts and stored in 1/2 of my garage. I wanted to get it all restored but obligations ($$) got in the way. I now am a proud Subaru car person.
Thanks for bringing back car memories.
Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Wow, we are mirroring one another. Mark had a 1975 280Z, the first year of the 280! I’m amazed you still have it. My MG went for the same reason, it needed work and my life had changed.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such a pretty car! We have a friend that has one. I took photos of it and it is on Fridays blog post. WE got rain this evening I will find out how much come morning:)

Val Ewing said...

I never wanted a sports car, but I did want a Willy Jeep. Now, I guess a good all wheel drive suits me fine.
The first car I owned was a 1974 Cutlass Supreme with a Landau Roof and and 8 track player! It served me quite well for several years.

Whoo! I woke up to a nice drizzle here!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I knew you'd appreciate it! We had overnight rain!

Sandra said...

Val, I had a '67 Camaro, 1973 Saab Sonnet, Mazda Miata and the MG. I later ended up with a one ton diesel dually, life changed!

The Cutlass Supreme was a nice car. I lived in a neighborhood of teenaged motor heads, I got to know cars!

Lori Skoog said...

Hmmmm. I thought I posted on this. I used to be so into cars. Had an Austin Healy 3000 when I was doing my student teaching. Then I moved on to a 4 seater honkin' Thunderbird and eventually got a Mustang. Fortunately my car thing faded...had trucks as soon as I got horses and now, just a Subaru.
So glad you finally had some rain and cooler temperatures. That tomato pesto sounds great!

e said...

Sounds like a good day!

Sandra said...

Lori, our cars were cousins! I had a friend with a T-Bird, great car. A neighbor boy had a GTO, that was fun! I forgot I had a Mustang, not one of the cool ones, though. Mine faded, too. But if I won the lottery I'd buy that MG.

We had overnight rain, as well. Yippee!

Sandra said...

e, it was. Rain made my day.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that you get along so well with your hubby. Mine is my best friend.

Sandra said...

Ivy, it's good to like the person you live with!

Anonymous said...

That is quite a ride! I had some Muscle Cars in my Youth... Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

It was fun to own, Dawn.