Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, August 14, 2023

Another Way-Back

August 14, 1981
We took the plunge


 
We were married in the Hennepin County Courthouse. It obviously was a solemn affair! We have lost contact with both witnesses, which sadly happens. 

Forty-two years later, here we are. I dragged Mark to a farm when he thought he'd never be there again. You know, marrying a city girl and all. Life took lots of sharp turns and bumps along the way, yet here we are with six cats, fourteen horses and one raccoon. Not bad.
 

10 comments:

Boud said...

What a beauty you are. I can see why Mark was there! Happy Annie! Another blogista is also celebrating today, long one, another simple wedding and a marriage that's lasted. I wonder if there's a cause and effect here..

Sandra said...

Ah, Boud your are too kind. In my case the third time is a charm! He's a very smart, gentle man who has always treated me well, even when I was difficult. I did ok.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Anniversary! You all look so serious!!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I know! I guess this was serious stuff. We all went out to dinner later, including Terry's husband who took the photos. The restaurant later became a strip club so it used to be fun to say we went there after we got married. It went from a high-end restaurant to a high-end strip club!!

Val Ewing said...

Love that photo!

Gosh, I recall my wedding photo too. The one in court was never photographed in either case [two marriages]. Our fun wedding we had while mounted on mules was photographed [second marriage--> the onethat stuck].

")

Sandra said...

Wedding on mules....fantastic, Val!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Bohemian said...

I Love your Wedding Outfit, you look Stunning in it. My how Time does fly, doesn't it? And yes, losing Touch with people who Share so much of our History, sadly happens. You definitely looked more City Gal than Country Gal there. *Smiles* So, he probably didn't envision the Future? *Winks* Happy belated Anniversary.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Dawn. I was definitely urban, but had owned a horse until he died when I was 23. That was the rub! He never saw it coming.