Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, August 6, 2023

More of the Usual


We had an 85% chance of rain overnight. No rain. We desperately need rain but the rain gods don't care. The temperature and the dew point are nearly the same. I'd think so much humidity would cause rain, but I seem to be wrong.

I didn't feel well yesterday but still managed to get some sorting done.  All the Christmas tablecloths, placemats and table runners are in a clear, sealable plastic bag so now I know where they are and can see them as a reminder. I have a bakers rack in the closet in my office and that's where they are stored. I have been surprised by how good it makes me feel to be accomplishing these tasks. I have two large cardboard boxes full of give-away items, all in good condition and usable. Three days ago I was wondering what happened to two throws I bought while I lived in Saint Paul. I liked them and remembered they were in good shape, but I haven't seen them in a very long time. They were in a bottom deep drawer in the laundry room, way in the back covered with multiple other items. Mystery solved. It's like getting something new!



 
Most of the grocery shopping is done through Aldi pick-up. I didn't remember having boneless/skinless chicken thighs until I pulled it out of the freezer. I don't buy those but I remembered it was a swap for bone-in. This was one of the best meals! I sautéed the vegetables and sweet potatoes, When they were nearly done I added the thighs. They were so good. I may change my mind and buy them sometimes. Odd how the least thought out and simplest turns into a flavor fest.








12 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh yeah, I agree. Those simple toss together meals are a delight. We hit Aldi real quick yesterday. I love that store. Great job on decluttering. Here's to a yummy week.

Boud said...

I'm a devotee of chuck good ingredients together and enjoy. It doesn't always have to be a performance!

It sounds as if you're plowing through your winnowing and organizing. See through containers save a whole lot of time and annoyed pawing through boxes.

Pixie said...

I much prefer boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Lots of flavour and no bones to deal with.

It is very satisfying to get organized. I finally got Jack's books organized and it brings me joy. It's not that he has a ton of books but they kept sliding off the coffee table and it felt like they were everywhere.

Sandra said...

Ivy, it's a real delight when it's sooo good! Aldi is my main grocery store. I will just keep plugging away.

Sandra said...

Boud, you do a better job at chucking good ingredients together and coming out with delicious than most people. I am getting somewhere with my efforts and being able to see things I don't use often is a wise idea. I guess with age wisdom does sometimes come!

Sandra said...

Pixie, I am a bone collector! I use bones for stock, so I rarely by boneless.

It has surprised me how good I feel from a days effort, picking away at what I can do at the time. Little children have a way of leaving a mess wherever they go!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love ALDI - our produce there is very nice and the main thing I go for.

Sandra said...

They have lots of good things there at a better price, although they are more expensive now, too.

Anonymous said...

You inspire me and I wish I were more like you. I have hope that Aug. is the month I say goodbye to a lot of stuff. In July I did get (donate) an old mountain bike and got rid of a lot of carpet remnants. Getting rid of those items made me feel very good, not having to look at them was joyful..What can say I was so happy not to see those things sitting in garage for years..
Take Care and I wish you rain,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Kaye, we won’t mention my garage! It does feel good. I’ve been surprised how good. I have let things slip for 3 years. You do yours and tell me. I’ll do mine and tell you!

Lori Skoog said...

Come on rain! We are going to get more tonight and it's about time for you to catch a break in that department. I am still not getting rid of stuff....maybe I need cooler weather. I prefer chicken thighs when it comes to flavor...and the sweet potatoes you added. Yum.

Sandra said...

Lori, we had a light rain part of yesterday. It's something. Sweet potato goes very well with zucchini.