Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Great Ride

Yesterday was the first time riding in the indoor arena since early spring. I got the calcium chloride down and watered in, so it's ready for winter. 

Zing was full of energy due to bad weather and horsey confinement, but he worked through it and was the best I've seen him to date. He took the canter both directions and stayed cadenced and balanced. The work Kristina has put in since the last lesson has really helped teach him to stop throwing his head up. Hopefully that little trick will become a thing of the past.

It's a dreary, breezy day in MN and it will be a very busy day for me, as I have had horses inside for two day. The joys of my life are simply overwhelming! It's called one foot in front of the other gets the job done. 


2 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

I am reminding myself of the one foot in front on the other comment as I embark on cleaning up my messy kitchen *sigh* : ) Glad you had a good ride and that your horses are doing so well : )

Ash

Sandra said...

You have lots of things to get done in a couple of months, as well as care for two children.
Yikes!

When I have too much to do (usually barn work) I always tell myself that one foot put in front of the other gets the job done. I has always mentally helped me do what I need to do when I want to quit.