Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Maybe I Should Bay...Aroooo


Today is my birthday. I'm crabby. I don't think it's related, but......I have my cranky pants on. I think part of it is the book I'm listening to, Maid. The circumstances of the marginalized vs the psychotic wealth so admired by Americans makes me sad. I saw 3M is freezing pensions and yet the current CEO will retire with a 63 million dollar pension. I stay away from discussing these things because I try to shelter my own mental health. It doesn't always work. Anyway....I made it to be crabby one more year. Mark will pick up dinner and a bottle of sparkling zero alcohol wine and all will be well. Sometimes one just must be off and a birthday is as good as any other day for it.

17 comments:

Pixie said...

Happy birthday! Be as a cranky as you like, it's your day:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There's absolutely no reason you cannot be crabby, birthday or not. That said, I do wish you an improving day for your birthday 🎂. Certainly having dinner brought in and some bubbly 🥂 should lighten your spirits. And if not, you will still have 364 more days of the year to celebrate 🎉 and be less crabby 😉 Celebrate Y-O-U and why not?

Sandra said...

Pixie, I think I will. :)

Val Ewing said...

Well happy birthday crabby pants. At least you can admit it!

I get cranky too but then just sit quietly.

Do what you want, it is your birthday.

Sandra said...

Beatrice, I think I layoff the book for awhile and finish a series I've streaming on Prime. Mark also picked up soup for me for lunch. Kinda hard to stay ornery.

Sandra said...

Val, I can definitely admit it! Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Boud said...

Happy birthday! Crank all month if you want! You share a birthday with my late dad. Except he would be 128 if he'd lived!

Lori Skoog said...

I would be happy to sing to you if you give me a call!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday! Celebrate how ever you want it is your day!

Anonymous said...

I wish you a happy, healthy, fun year. Crabby, sad, happy they all work for me!

Take Care,
Kaye

Sandra said...

Boud, believe me, I am up to it! I can say I'm not 128 :)

Sandra said...

Lori, too bad I just say this, that would have been great!

Sandra said...

Far Side, thanks. It was an ok day.

Sandra said...

Kaye, I'm sure all of those emotions will be had throughout the year. Thank you!

Sandra said...

Thanks, Val!!

BootsandBraids said...

Belated Happy Birthday fellow Capricorn.

Sandra said...

Thank you B&B!