Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Yippee Skipee

Look at this, we have SUN!


Of course, it's sunny because it's 7 F out there. The equines don't care, they have hay to bury their noses in. Expensive eating machines.

Yesterday turned out ok. I became less grumpy as the day wore on. I finished Maid and a new book became available at the same time. Serendipity? I finished watching the series Archie Leach on Brit box and found it pretty good. My son called late afternoon and we had a uplifting (ha!) talk about the state of the country. He had Covid and got very sick. He is now recovered. His wife now has it. It's back with force. Mark bought me vegetable beef soup for lunch and a nice bottle of zero alcohol sparkling wine and rotisserie chicken for dinner. All was well.

Mark has CPE (continuing professional education) today. It's remote so he is holed up in his office. What I will do today remains unknown. 

12 comments:

Boud said...

That's a great snow picture. I don't think people realize covid is still very much with us, until someone they know gets it. Sorry to hear about son and wife's getting it. I hope they recover fully.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for the sunshine! Glad to hear your mood improved on your birthday!

Sandra said...

Boud, it is. I understand this variant is very contagious. We may start masking again. The snow makes it all better!

Sandra said...

Far Side, yes on both.

Lori Skoog said...

Yay is right. Can't beat sunshine. Sounds like your birthday turned out alright and Mark took good care getting you lunch and chicken for dinner. I still can't get into reading mode....used to read like crazy and listened to so many audio books. Sorry to read that your son and his wife have gotten covid. Did they have the coughing version that we had? Stay well and be careful if you go out.

e said...

sunshine is always good! Sorry about your son and his wife being ill.

Val Ewing said...

When hubby got so sick from a slight cold and is still sick, I knew we had to act as if it was 2020 all over again.

Covid is striking hard around here and our ER is full of respiratory illnesses once more.
I see masks when I go shopping and am wearing one myself.

Store and home. That's my story for the rest of this winter...oh, and the library.

:)

Pretty sight that sunlight! We haven't seen any and are getting walloped by our second winter storm today.

Sandra said...

Lori, Mark was thoughtful and I appreciated it. I don't know about his wife, but he had gastric pain, bad pain.
He's back at work, she's still sick.

Sandra said...

e, no sun today but it was great while we had it. I hope she gets better soon.

Sandra said...

Val, we live in Trumpland so no masks around here. I think we will need to be the outliers and start wearing them again. Sorry Rich is sick, it makes it rough on both of you.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I didn't know that horses were oblivious to such frigid temps as long as hay was available and your description of them gave me a smile, Sandra. Glad to read you were feeling less grumpy and finishing a book and having another become available also has happened to me. That was good because another one I had started wasn't to my liking. Hope your son's wife is feeling better and that he is now better. Seems lots of folks either have covid, flu or pneumonia and thankfully we do not and plan to keep it that way. Lunch and dinner brought in sounds perfect!

Sandra said...

Dorothy, my son is better, I don't know about his wife. It has been wonderful these past few years to go the whole winter without a cold!