Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Spring in January

What you do with leftover pork chop.


Minnesota has entered spring in January. I think winter may be over. We will be in the mid fifties today. Mind boggling. It is easier on my old horses, this is true.

I'm going to load up on pain med and try to clean my house for my Saturday company. It comes down to dusting and vacuuming. I'm so relieved I do not have to cook! We have had different variations of pasta three out of five days for quite awhile lately. I just haven't had it in me. I will make grilled ahi tuna tonight, an easy thing to do and it's not pasta. Not that I mind having pasta.

Wish me luck on the cleaning front. My son's wife has not been here since 2018 and I would like the place to be presentable. 

8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

The pork chop looks delicious. Have fun cleaning, but have more fun visiting!

Sandra said...

Miss Merry, it would be a stretch to have fun cleaning, but I'll try!

Boud said...

If she's nice, she will see you, not anything about the house. Just do what you can without stress maybe?

Sandra said...

Boud, they had to cancel but I’m still doing the cleaning. It’s necessary just to take care of the dust. It never gets messy, just dusty.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Minnesota weather can be fickle! Best of luck with the cleaning!

Sandra said...

Far Guy, thanks, I need it!

Val Ewing said...

I did the deep cleaning yesterday and no one was even coming. I did the hands and knees -- baseboard cleaning. But I have a tiny house so it didn't take all day.

Sorry the kids cancelled.
:(

Sandra said...

Val, even though they cancelled I got some work done. I'm afraid hands and knees are out of the question, but I do have a method. I spray the baseboards and then go along them with a long Swiffer wand with a microfiber cloth secured to it and use that to wipe the baseboards down. It works better than not at all! And, good for you, cleaning when no one was coming to visit!