Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, January 6, 2024

Me Again


A brief howdy-do. There is nothing much happening round the homestead. I started watching Archie Leach on Brit Box yesterday and I am enjoying it. I'm also listening to Tina Fey's book, Bossypants, read by her. The book was written in 2011, so not new. It's a fun listen.

We had a light dusting of snow overnight with about another inch predicted later today. Late next week it will finally look like Minnesota in January with some daytime highs at 0 F. January used to be the month I just had the horse trainer take off, it was usually too cold.

I got my new glasses yesterday and I'm meh about them. Not enough I won't wear them, but.....I have another pair I ordered that are the usual shape I get and will likely wear those in public. Inside glasses and outside glasses. That works.

Enjoy the day, no matter the glasses.

6 comments:

Boud said...

You're definitely not getting your classic Minnesota winter. No sign of snow here, but maybe this weekend, I'm in no rush for it.

Sandra said...

It has been easier on heating cost, Boud. I wouldn’t mind some snow, just some!

Anonymous said...

Utah is expecting snow for the next five days. Last winter was horrendous and I have not missed having copious amount of snow. I feel bad because the Great Salt Lake needs water.
I like the idea of having going out of the home glasses and staying in glasses!

Take Care,
Kaye

e said...

I hope it isn't too bad, rainy here and the wee girl is keeping me busy. Have a good Sunday. Bossypants was a fun book.

Sandra said...

Kaye, we had a drought last summer so we could probably use snow, too. It is a lot easier not having a lot of it, though. The glasses make me look like a Poindexter!

Sandra said...

e, we didn't get any snow. It's rather amazing how much trouble the wee ones can get into! I finished Bossypants and enjoyed it. I need some laughs!