Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Crime and No Punishment

I'm innocent. Innocent, I say. It's a frame-up.


It's her word against mine. I wasn't chewing and pulling the fronds of this intruder she brought inside the house. Tell me, how could you believe a two-legger over me? Impossible.


I brought some of the plants inside yesterday.  


Cat Paradise


She is contemplating a continuation of her offense.


I see you, Gatto.



The palm had to be put outside again until I figure out what to do. Gatto is obsessed and Frieda isn't too far behind him. If I'd left it there, I would not have a palm plant in the morning. The rest don't interest them. I have an avocado pit I rooted and put into dirt. I had to move it because Gatto pulled  it out of the pot. 

Big troubles, right? I have no plans for the day. Maybe that means I'll do something. I have never liked being told what to do, it seems even by me. 


8 comments:

Boud said...

That last comment struck home! Why I do alla prima, spontaneous art, even including the, usually highly planned, fiber arts, because I don't like instructions even if they're coming from me!

I see your Boston fern there, among the other plants. I think cats are why hanging plants came to be. I used to grow spider plants, hanging if I wanted to keep them, lower down for kitty salad pleasure.

Sandra said...

Boud, I knew there was something about you I recognized! HA!

I have three Boston ferns I hang on the front porch. One hangs in the kitchen, one sits on a high stool and this one is on another stool. The cats have showed no interest. Yet. Kitty salad! That's what the palm is to them.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Beautiful Cat.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Dora. She is my beloved naughty girl.

Far Side of Fifty said...

:) cats will be cats:)

Val Ewing said...

Cats are very curious creatures, they need to investigate all of the time.
LOL on Kitty Salads!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I am learning this! I must have had mutants all my life because none of my cats did "cat" things, so this is new to me.

Sandra said...

Val, they don't listen!