Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Peeking

Some of my horses peeking over the fence.

Zinger peeking over the fence at Tanzar and Emmit. He rotates between the SW corner to look at the old men and the NW corner to pine over the mares. He's a very good peeker!

The ASB stallion Solo also peeking at the old men. There must be something very intriguing about them! 

Spenser, my ASB gelding saying "Bring me back to the barn, I'm tired of the arena." Spenser almost died in 2007 and he can't eat anything that is growing, he has Insulin Resistance and Cushings.  This spring I had him in a dry paddock with the geldings and he got to tree leaves and some grass under the fence. He got sore feet again and scared me hugely, so he has had the arena all spring and summer. When winter comes he can get back outside and have some company. If he were a more social horse I would be concerned about his isolation, but he isn't. He can make faces out the north door at Solo all day and he does. Still, I wonder if I am doing him any favors.

Until I look at this! Spenser caught in a chewing moment.


No comments: