Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shaka



I am feeling prolific today! Since I was taking photos, I thought I'd put this up of Shaka. He is my wonderful, awful, talented and opinionated Shaka. I've owned him most of his life, or in reality he has owned me. He is 20 this year and he is still the most beautiful horse on the farm! He is also the most athletic and talented horse I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He is also the most awful horse I have known, but that said, I'd do it all over again. 
Shaka has arthritis in a front knee which is going to shorten his life, as it did his riding career, but he is still happy and bossy so I know it isn't too bad to handle yet. Anyway, I love this horse fiercely and wanted to put up his photo showing his lovely face looking at the camera.

2 comments:

JeanRDH said...

Lovely indeed.

Sandra said...

Thank you Jean. He was the start of my obsession and the ideal I held as my standard. He is also why I don't understand people who don't like the smart, opinionated ones. From my experience with him, I have to say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!