Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, August 25, 2008

UNBELIEVABLE!






We had a lesson at Brandywine today and when we got home I walked Ari to the barn. As I got down the hill I saw something that I shouldn't, two horses in a pasture that only has one, my eleven year-old stallion WF Impressive. I thought I was seeing things, but there was Ben, an eight year-old Arabian/Lipizzan playing the head game with Topper. I got Ari put away and made tracks over there. Upon further inspection I found six -year-old Bounce and nine year-old Laddy happily eating grass! I could not believe it.

Topper spent the first five years of his life with geldings, but at five he became aggressive and I separated him. He has hated geldings all these years, attacking his stall front as they walk by and making the most evil faces when he was near them outside. He has been the worst of the three for getting along with the geldings. Now, it's best friend day! 

I'm going to continue putting these three gelding with him as long as he seems happy with it. They can all handle him if he gets out of line, so I'll see how it goes. He sure was a happy boy this afternoon.

Oh, they got into Topper's pasture by sneaking through a marginally fenced spot in the woods.  That has been fortified, I don't need the remaining geldings joining the party!

2 comments:

JeanRDH said...

I bet your heart stopped beating for a moment!
I guess they want to have their own boys club.

Sandra said...

I had a moment of panic. I hoped I wouldn't find horses loose or hurt. I can't convey how shocked I was!

They make a nice looking club of boys.