Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, August 28, 2008

RAIN!!

We have had RAIN! About 2" 's of ground soaking beautiful rain. My horses are on their second day in the barn, but the rain is well worth their confinement and my extra cost and labor. I don't put them out when the ground is really wet because we have awful, slippery, tendon bowing black clay soil. Better to be safe.

A beautiful, temperate weekend is in the forecast, so life is momentarily good.

4 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

YEA! I am so glad that you got some rain!! We are still waiting... There is a cool wind tonight and some clouds blowing across the horizon so... Maybe: )

Will the horses slip in the mud, or is it another precaution to keep them in the barn?

Ash

Sandra said...

I'll do a little rain dance for you! Hope the skies open up and give you some relief.

Ashley Dumas said...

Thanks Sandra!!!

Guess what, It rained last night, complete with lightening and thunder! Our daughters ended up in bed with us do to the thunder : ) I was so happy about rain I didn't mind a bit! Today is chilly, rainy and cloudy and we are all going to climb in bed and watch a movie!
Yea for rainy days!

Ash

Sandra said...

I guess my little dance worked! I would LOVE to have a day where I could sit around and watch movies. I'm so envious.
Cherish those little girls as long as you can and enjoy their need to climb into bed with you. My 'baby' is 34 and it seemed to happen overnight.