Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

It Was A Restful Day

Well, I made it though a very wet, dreary Christmas Day. It was peaceful and felt good to feel zero stress or pressure. I have an up-tightness that I have never been able to shake, so the simplest of things becomes a deal. Not yesterday. No big meal, just an easy shrimp scampi for dinner, soup for lunch. I watched a movie on Prime, listened to a book and overall chilled. It rained all day. Between Sunday and Monday, had it been snow, we'd have about 4 feet. Western Minnesota is being hammered by an ice storm. That is the absolute worst. We stay about freezing until Sunday. Hopefully all the standing water will go away before then. I did make an adjustment to my schedule in acknowledgment of the holiday by putting off Monday laundry till today. I am flexible.


This is about what it looks like for the week. We are edging toward winter.

17 comments:

Pixie said...

Glad you had a relaxing day. All of the snow we had has pretty much disappeared and it's been above 0C quite a bit. I imagine it will eventaully snow, I hope, otherwise there will be a drought for us.

Take care and have a good week.

Boud said...

Well I'm glad there was no laundry done on Christmas day! Very flexible.. I'm glad you had a pleasant quiet time.

Lori Skoog said...

Man! You re getting very flexible!!!

Val Ewing said...

I did pick things up yesterday as it was a good day to be inside.
I then got to watch movies because the other half was in bed sick.

Nice to watch what I wanted this time!

I'm glad we are not in that ice storm!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love relaxing. I refuse to let holidays become a thing of stress.
That said, I love watching holiday episodes on TV shows.Those often crack me up.
Wow on the snow. Was 50F yesterday and was outside shooting close-ups.

Sandra said...

Lori, I am!

Sandra said...

Val, we each have a tv, so we don't need to watch what the other wants. The way to stay married!

Sandra said...

Ivy, my brain doesn't listen to my refusals! You are enjoying your new camera lens.

Sandra said...

Boud, it was a good day. I didn't even need to argue with myself about putting off laundry!

Sandra said...

Pixie, I hope it snows up there. We were in drought most of this year. It's not good.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for being flexible! Glad you had a relaxing day even if it was dreary and wet!

Sandra said...

Far Side, You got the awful weather up there. We just got water logged.

e said...

Sounds like my kind of day! Good for you!

Sandra said...

e, it was a pleasant day. I think about you the little miss. Frieda is a tortie and the wildest kitten I have known. I thought I would go insane! I didn't, but it was close. :) It gets better.

Anonymous said...

I think this Christmas was hard on everyone...Dark Dawn was more dominant than Dawn of the Light 🕯️...I couldn't shake my irritated mood so I was unlovely a lot...Dawn the Bohemian

Sandra said...

Dawn, I'm sorry you had a hard time this year. Doing nothing was actually pleasant for me, no stress.

The Happy Whisk said...

lololol, your brain doesn't listen. You crack me up.
Oh yeah, love the new lens. I can't stop taking pictures.