Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Got Some Gatto

This young rascal has been a member of the household for a year.


Last year it was about -20 F and the poor boy was freezing. Today is supposed to reach 49 F. It's really strange to be so warm in December. If it had been like this last year he wouldn't have asked to come in. He is, finally, settling down. He still has the crazies, but he is not so aggressive. I would put him between 1.5 and 2 years old. I cannot believe I am actually calling him a good boy!


Last evenings quick and flavorful dinner.


12 comments:

Boud said...

Shrimp! That's good food. Did Gato get a shrimp?

Sandra said...

I really like shrimp too, Boud. If I gave some to Gatto he would never leave me alone!

Val Ewing said...

Nice! That blue vase is pretty also. One of my favorite colors in glass is that brilliant blue!

Sandra said...

Val, the vase was my mother's. In the 160s she had peacock feathers in it. I like it, too.

Anonymous said...

If you opened your door and heart to Gatto a year ago, that means I have been reading your blog for at least that long. It has been a pleasure, too. I am not sure how I got to your blog but I am happy I did.

I like the color and the shape of your vase.

Take Care,
Kaye

Far Side of Fifty said...

I recall when you let him inside! I like your blue vase, it looks so pretty in the light.

Sandra said...

I don't know how you found me, Kaye. But I'm happy you did.

Sandra said...

Far Side, he was so cold. I have my mother to thank for the vase.

e said...

Happy cats make a great home! I love that blue too!

Sandra said...

e, they do. He's still got aggression but it's much less.

The Happy Whisk said...

Nothing beats a quick yummy meal.
Yes! Same here. Warm. Doesn't feel
like mid-December. That's okay though.
Payment time comes this January.
Getting those boots and mittens ready.
Burrrrrrr.....

Bohemian said...

I can't Believe I call Eli a Good Boy either, but I'm the only one that says Nice things about him and he seems to appreciate and like that. *Winks* It's unseasonably Warm here too, which has made for a balmy December and no complaints from me.