Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Weather, Westerns and Food

After a very hot and humid day yesterday it is 66 F, overcast and less humid. A welcome change which is only for one day. I am moving slow, which is not really different, but it just feels like one of those days. I watched an old western with Gregory Peck, Charleston Heston and Chuck Connors this morning, which is out of the norm for me. I got interested and just watched it till the end. Normally I like to at least create an illusion of busyness! I like westerns that don't include native genocide. 

I plan to plant some Diva cucumber seeds a friend sent me. I forgot about them and when I remembered I thought it was too late. Looking them up they take 58 days, so I'm okay. He says they are very good, so it's worth doing. I'm going to plant them along the silo so they can climb the ladder.


I made a quick dinner last evening of grilled pork loin chops and fennel salad. It looks rare in the photo but was just a shade pink. I get meat through Butcher Box and also from the local meat market that over the years has gone from being a meat locker to a deli/meat market. I've lived here long enough to see the transition, which has been a wise move on the part of the longtime owner. It's an appreciated resource for this community. 

That's about it. Enjoy the day.

 

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Another beautiful dinner. Is there something special about Diva cucumbers? I wanted to plant ours so they would grow up the windmill but Gary chose another spot. You had quite a drop in temperature. We are going in the other direction for tomorrow...90s, muggy and storms with hail. That should be interesting.

Sandra said...

I guess the Diva cucumbers have less seeds and no bitterness, Lori. I'd not heard of them until my friend sent me seeds. We have two days in the mid 80s and then we hit 100 Sunday and Monday and stay in the 90s after that. This is terrible. Stay as cool as you can.