Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, June 13, 2022

Wine Shepard and Man

I and my partner in idling sat on the small deck at the kitchen door yesterday afternoon. It was a lovely day. 


This is what we were watching while idling the time away. Mark getting the saplings out of the rambling rose. I said I was going to do it, he said he would. So I got a glass of wine, Keetah got a comfortable spot and we watched the guy work. The cats came to the screen door and tried to convince me they are dogs. I didn't buy their story.


I got my Misfits order today. After spending $19 on two medium sized fennel bulbs last week, I tried Misfits again. I'd been getting good fennel there but the last time I got three bulbs the size of a golf ball. Which is to say I got fronds. I am not disappointed this time, five good sized fennel for $3 apiece. Hurrah!



I'll turn those fronds into pesto this afternoon. I'll use the stems in tonight's dinner of an egg bake.

We had a storm this morning and it's been overcast. Also humid. The weather is taking an unpleasant turn the next couple of weeks, very hot and humid. I simply cannot function in that weather. I guess we'll see if the ancient AC unit will once again start up and work. I think it still works because for about 20 years it didn't have to, we didn't get so humid and rarely used it.

I watched the 1/6 committee hearing this morning. I don't know how the Trump squad is spinning this, any way they can think of I suppose, but it certainly is laying this at his feet. Will anything come of it, I wonder? For the sake of us all, I hope so.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...


Yes I heard the warm weather is coming! Stay cool! I am so thankful for Central Air!!

Sandra said...

My central air was installed in 1985! We didn't use it until 10-12 years ago. Now we can't get along without it. We had a 70 degree dew point today. At least two weeks of this!