Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, June 10, 2022

We had this Friday Face today!


Our son came to visit, bringing lunch. I fired up the charcoal grill and he cooked steaks. He also brought potato salad, Caesar salad and mac & cheese. Also, a nice bottle of Cab. Oh....and ice cream sandwiches! I haven't had one of those in decades. 

It was such a pleasure having someone else cook and serve me food. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed it. Over the years we lost interest in going out to eat. Last month when I went for blood work Mark asked if I wanted to stop at the Original Pancake house for breakfast. We had been there the year before after PT and I remembered it was $50 after tip. It's likely more now. I said no, I'd rather spend $25 at the deli for the philly. My life for so long was hard work in the barn all day. When I came in and showered I really didn't want to get dressed again to go out. So we got in a habit. All of this to say, I sure did like being waited on.



 

4 comments:

Boud said...

That sounds like royal treatment. Yes, it's nice to sit and be served. Especially at home by a trusted cook with good ingredients. I've never been a fan of eating out, because I simply don't trust what's behind the scenes!

Sandra said...

My son has spent his adult life in a professional kitchen as a fine dining chef. He's now 48 and doesn't want to work that hard anymore so he left management and works a 40 hr week making breakfast and lunch at an upscale hotel in Minneapolis. It was good to see him, life is busy for him. I understand the wonder about behind the scenes!

Lori Skoog said...

How sweet it is! What a great meal prepared by a pro. Does he live nearby?

Sandra said...

Lori, it was fun. He lives in North Minneapolis, about 45 minutes away.