Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, June 16, 2022

C'est la Vie

It's a beautiful morning, sunshine and quite windy, perfect for the horses and me. I'm going to put the upcoming extreme heat and humidity right out of my mind and enjoy the day. Maybe a little mowing before lunch.

I will spend the afternoon watching the 1/6 commission. I don't hold much hope for my country, I fear we are too far down the path of oligarchy for the fall not to be complete. I want to be surprised, I want to be wrong. I want, oh how I want to see Donald Trump and his co-conspirators indicted for sedition. It would be a hopeful step back from the brink.

I'll leave with a smile for the day. 



4 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I was not able to watch today and will try to catch up on the news shows. Not only did we get your weather, we had tornado warnings (passed us by). Basset Hounds are so adorable.....their ears! We should have a cooler day tomorrow....thank you very much!

Sandra said...

Ha! I hate we bring you your weather, but the weather doesn't listen to me, Lori! I loved my bassets, they are living, breathing cartoons. If the Justice Department doesn't do something about this, I don't know what is going on there. It was an eye-opener today even for those who have kept up. We have no "rule of law" if this goes without consequences.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Smiling at the salad:)

Sandra said...

I can tell you no basset ever would smile at that!!