Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

More Food



Yesterday was early morning rain and then gloomy the rest of the day. It did reach 70 F even though overcast. It was still a good day for soup, so that's what I did in the morning. Make soup for lunch. I had turkey stock from Thanksgiving in the freezer and thought it was about time I used it.




Boud and Lori both made spaghetti and meatballs (Boud's were plant-based balls) a few days ago. It made me crave this delicious delight, so I finally got around to making it for last evening's dinner. It did not disappoint. So, another post with food photos. In between making both meals I did get a bit of work done in the house. Just a bit, but it's better than nothing. The piano and the center island both were polished with beeswax. I love that stuff. So does the wood.




It's a pretty day, sun shining and warm. I'm going to attempt to concentrate on sprucing up the house in anticipation of son and wife visiting on Saturday. I've decided to make a pasta salad using an olive oil dressing for the vegan. Mark picked up some Talenti sorbet for desert. I have trouble remembering if it's sherbet or sorbet that is dairy and egg-free. It's sorbet. That problem is solved.


24 comments:

jayveesonata said...

The soup looks wonderful - - perfect for a rainy day.

Pixie said...

Have a wonderful visit with your son and daughter in law.

Lori Skoog said...

Great minds. For some reason, spaghetti and meatballs were calling me. So good and plenty of leftovers. By the way, that Greek chickpea salad would work without the feta....the Greek olives give it some kick...and I added more red wine vinegar too.

Val Ewing said...

Yum! It sounds delicious as does all of your cooking.

I made BLTs. Hubby thought I was amazing. :)

We've been getting night rainfalls. Now to go tackle the yard again.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun with your company! I don't fuss as much as I used to. :)

Boud said...

I make fancier food, but not much can beat spag and mb.

Sandra said...

Thanks, Jon. We had a repeat today. Soup is just good!

Sandra said...

Thanks Pixie. I'm sure we will. A delayed 50th birthday gathering.

Sandra said...

Lori, we were thinking alike! I won't make that salad for Saturday, but I would like the recipe so I can make it for us.

Sandra said...

Hubby is right, you are amazing, Val! Yard work is on the back burner for the time being.

Sandra said...

I agree, Boud. I love pasta and a rich sauce with meatballs, how can that be beat!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I don't fuss like I used to but when they visit I like things to be shipshape.

Sandi said...

Actual beeswax?

Sandra said...

Sandi, the one I use is beeswax, something called carnauba wax and orange oil. I like it.

Rita said...

They both look absolutely scrumptious!!
Sounds like you are close to ready to enjoy your company. :)

Anvilcloud said...

Sue has refused to cook any more turkey dinners, but she always made stew when she did. You've got me craving spaghetti now. It's been awhile.

Sandra said...

Rita, we rarely have visitors anymore. It’s something I’m no longer used to. The soup gave two meals. Mark complains about the beans!

Sandra said...

AC, I still make the traditional American Thanksgiving meal, just much smaller. The leftovers are the best part! After you mentioned making a meatloaf I wanted meatloaf so I made one for dinner yesterday. It’s so good.

Miss Merry said...

The soup looks fabulous - but the meatballs and spaghetti are out of this world! Gosh, that looks so good!!! And today we are cool and rainy. It would be a perfect meal.

The Happy Whisk said...

It all sounds yummy. I've been grooving on pesto this week. Parsley. I love soup too. Just so good. I love it for breakfast. Yum! I like your bowl too. I have a thing for bowls. Oh my gosh so fun.

Sandra said...

Miss Merry, sometimes the simplest meals are the best meals! Hopefully you have a nicer day today.

nick said...

Good that you can cater for the vegan okay. Jenny and I are vegetarians but we've never gone vegan, we like cheese too much!

The Happy Whisk said...

Am I in spam jail? I end up there often on blogger blogs. Silly spam jail. Soup looks gooooood.

Sandra said...

Yes, Ivy, you were in spam jail! I also make pesto from so many things. I have a freezer full of jars. Parsley pesto is really good. The soup was good.