Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

First World Problems

I became upset today when I received my order from Misfits Market. What is in the photo are some of what I should've received, But I got someone else's much smaller and completely different order. I've contacted them about this and hope it will be resolved without giving me a headache. The local food shelf will be getting what I got since I doubt they will want it returned. Most of that order are things I don't like.

 My aggravated response brought me to thinking about the cloak of privilege, that I have the comfort in my life to feel angry about a mislabeled order for vegetables and sea food. Yes, I paid for it and should get it, but should I feel so mistreated? No, I shouldn't. I know it's partly due to being isolated on my farm for two years. It's also the tension everyone is feeling over a mad man storming into a sovereign country, destroying and murdering in his quest for dominance. It's also my privileged life. My White American life. 

No comments: