Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Retrograde

1978? We were skiing with my friend, Wally. He was a real smart ass, right up my alley. He must have made a comment, which I reacted to and he snapped the photo. I not only kept it, I had it enlarged and framed!
I don't seem to mind looking like an idiot.

 Wally died in 1994. He was my best friend. He was also Mark's friend, but mine first. I belonged to a ski club, there were weekly gatherings at a hotel in the winter and volley ball in the summer. Wally approached me at the hotel gathering and handed me a pick up line. I asked him if that had ever worked for him? We became great friends. Both Wally and I had been married and divorced, we both had a child. He a daughter, I a son. Both of us were cocksure and wise guys. A perfect pair for friendship.

2 comments:

julochka said...

Love this picture! I totally get why you enlarged it. The story of Wally makes me think I need more friends.

Sandra said...

I never had another like him, he was my bud. The older we get the harder it becomes to make friends. Too bad, I think we need them as we get old.