Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Stealer of Hearts

I never thought I'd be a cat lady. Don't get me wrong. I always had and liked cats but dogs were my game. Frieda showed up when she was no more than a just weaned kitten. She was in a pole barn attached to the main barn. She wouldn't come near us, but we made sure she had food and water and hoped she'd make her way into the main barn with the other cats, They are unusual cats, they are accepting of the strays that show up from time-to-time, so we knew she'd be ok with them.


 After about a week I saw her by the silo, little kitty mews coming from her, but when I started to approach she took off. This was November 2, 2019. That evening while I'm in the kitchen, there she was, on her hind legs hitting the glass of the door with a front paw and meowing. She was knocking. I opened the door and this kitten we couldn't approach waltzed in like she owned the place. The house cat, who is from the family of accepting cats, lay on a kitchen chair and watched her. I followed as she walked into the laundry room, spotted the litter box and used it. The rest is history. She took ownership of me, lock, stock and barrel. I'd been told torties aren't "normal" and with her it sure is true. My Brat Cat.

2 comments:

Bohemian said...

What a great Story about your Fur Baby, she's Lovely. Every Cat that Adopted us has had their unique personalities, some are very different than others. I'm a Cat Person but when The Grandson and his Partner recently moved back to Arizona and came to live with us, I have now fallen in Love with their Pit Bull, Tyson. As big, Strong and intimidating as he looks, he is the most gentle, goofy Spirit... like a big dumb Jock, he makes us Smile all of the time with how Handsome yet Silly he is.

Sandra said...

Hi! Pit Bulls are a maligned breed. They are sweet, gentle dogs that aggressive people har. I have a German Shepherd, they are also seen a threatening. She loves people.