Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Marching On

March is a winter month in Minnesota. We are lucky if we see spring in April, although this has been changing over the last dozen years or so. Yesterday we had rain, then snow overnight, giving us a welcome 5" of heavy snow over the ice. This is a tough time of year to have horses. 
 We have taken advantage of the fireplaces we are graced with in this, our home of nearly thirty years. We live in a place which wants to be a softwood forest and softwood being what it is, it propagates freely. It also comes down seemingly easily, so we have a lot of wood to burn. Mark is happy to replenish the woodbox daily, as he has spent countless hours cutting and stacking the wood. He wants it used. So, I use it.

So much is happening in the US and around the world which is out of our control. So much unprovoked misery in Ukraine, so much concern for what the mad man across the water will do next in his deranged need to be a big man. I light my fires, bake my bread, hold my cat and pet my dog. 

No comments: