Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I'm A Bette


mm.bette_.jpg

I took an online quiz (link below) and I'm a 'Bette'. I'm impressed! Now if only I had that voice.....

You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"

Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.

How to Get Along with Me
    • * Stand up for yourself... and me.   
    • * Be confident, strong, and direct.   
    • * Don't gossip about me or betray my trust. 

    •  What I Like About Being a Bette   
    • * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.   
    • * Give me space to be alone.   
    • * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.   
    • * I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.   
    • * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
      
  • What's Hard About Being a Bette  
    • * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to   
    • * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence   
    • * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it   
    • * never forgetting injuries or injustices   
    • * putting too much pressure on myself   
    • * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right

    Bettes as Children Often
    • * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit   
    • * are sometimes loners   
    • * seize control so they won't be controlled   
    • * figure out others' weaknesses   
    • * attack verbally or physically when provoked   
    • * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

    Bettes as Parents   
      • * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted   
      • * are sometimes overprotective   
      • * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid


6 comments:

Ganeida said...

I'm an Ingrid. I think she's gorgeous so I'm pretty chuffed. What is it with these things? They're addictive! :)

Sandra said...

I know!

Sandra said...

I have a gelding named 'Im Impressed'. Just struck me. : )

I probably could get Bette's voice if I smoked a couple of packs a day and consumed a fifth of whiskey along with them! Can you have a 'whiskey voice without these two ingredients?

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

I'm a Marilyn...what a funny test! I kind of like being a Marilyn, although I think I've already lived longer than her.

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

Probably you could have a whisky voice without those two ingredients but that would almost be cheating or really unfair that you didn't partake to get the voice. :)

Sandra said...

I can see you as a Marilyn! You know, I often see myself as the 'broad' with the cigarette in one hand and the glass of whiskey in the other. But I don't smoke, nor do I particularly care for whiskey. Blows that image. : )