Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, December 29, 2008

Lost In Space


Saturn's Dynamic Auroras


I seem to have life passing somewhere over my head, just out of reach. It just occurred to me, in a concrete way, that we will be changing over into a new year. My feet are on the ground and they do carry me from place to place, but where on this earth is my head?  OK, don't say it, I know I left myself open with that one.

I am older and I have a lot on my plate. The weather is not being kind, the skidloader has been gone for 3 MONTHS and life has not been easy. But, I don't think that is why I can't find my head.

I think the entire nation, and perhaps world, is having a really doozy of a hangover. We are keeping the blinds closed and stumbling about in the dark. A tape plays over and over. January 20th. 

4 comments:

Ganeida said...

lol. Don't talk to me! Homeschooler. I never know the date & was mad with Liddy 'cause she wouldn't tell me which DAY she wanted to leave on, rather than constantly giving me a date!!! She should know by now I don't do numbers! Totally lost though. What's Jan 20th?

Sandra said...

Inauguration day! I often don't know what day of the week it is, much less the date. Jan. 20th is a Tuesday, I have it marked on the calendar. : )

You would think your children would understand you by now, that your Celtic self is more involved in banshees and the like!

Ashley Dumas said...

I am also lost in space but the numbers that are running through my head are the hours until bed time
: ) I am feeling tired lately and the heat has finally really set in! Off to count a few more hours : )

Sandra said...

I feel for you Ashley, in a tropical climate without air conditioning. And no heat in the winter months. Maybe it's not so bad here!

Count sheep. : )