Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Write My Eulogy Now

cause these cookies are killing me. OMG good! I modified a recipe I found online and I know I've died, and gone somewhere  that has cookies that melt in your mouth goodness. I decided, I guess, that I'm not nearly fat enough.

Okay, Here It Is

I cut the recipe in half, as I didn't have enough chocolate to make the full recipe. Shortening would give the cookies a nice texture and probably add to the taste, but I won't use it, so I tried more butter.

3 sticks of butter softened
call for - 1 cup of Crisco shortening - I used extra butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar - I used raw sugar
4 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla
7 cups flour
1 1/4 tbsp baking soda
3/4 tbsp salt
24 oz chocolate chips - I used a 62% cacao bar, broken into pieces
I added nuts to the recipe, I had a partial bag of pecans and of walnuts. I broke them and added them in. I think for the halved recipe I had about a cup.

OOPS! I forgot: 
Cream together butter & sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, soda and salt. add chips and nuts. Drop by golf sized scoops onto ungreased baking sheet.
 bake @ 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack to cool an additional 30 minutes.

8 comments:

Ashley Dumas said...

Those look delicious!

I am making cookies tomorrow and I have a good bar of chocolate. I think I know what type of cookies I will be making for next week : )

Ash

Sandra said...

They are. There's lots of butter in these. : ) The recipe called for butter and shortening, but I won't use shortening so I added more butter. : ) If anyone is interested, I'll post the recipe.

EveryoneThinksThey'reGoodDrivers said...

Yes, please post the recipe!

JeanRDH said...

OMGoodness those look good.
Is the recipe easy?
Butter is $1.48 /lb at Rainbow right now. I tend to stock up at that price. That's my cooking butter. (I buy european butter for my bread.)
Do post...

Shelley Paulson said...

Yes, recipe please!

Hillsidefarm said...

Now you're being MEAN to me! I am NOT going to make those cookies, I'm down 30 lbs and will not go backwards! Jacob is telling me I need to make cookies for Santa though......

Ashley Dumas said...

Thanks Sandra,

These sound wonderful. I don't use shortening either and I love the butteryness in cookies so I don't miss it at all : )

Bye for now

Ash

Sandra said...

I don't intend to be mean. I forgot to add the mixing instructions, so I have corrected that. I hadn't had my coffee yet. : )