Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, August 7, 2022

If I Wait......

Will it go away

I just did something ironic and realized I had as I was walking to my office to sit down at the computer to write something here. I had just come upon an article on procrastination, how it impacts depression and techniques to overcome it. I closed my laptop, still on the article, left it on the kitchen table and walked to my office, thinking I'll read that later. 

I have become the queen of procrastinating. I hold reign over it, or rather it holds reign over me. I was never one to put things off, I came into it late in life and decided to excel. Day after day goes by, what I tell myself I'm going to do, I don't. Occasionally I shock myself, like making pickles, but usually it comes down to just the basics. I'm back on medication but it isn't helping me. I think I should read the article.

We had some rain yesterday, probably only one half inch, but we sure needed it. And more. I'm going to make pesto, no procrastination. My basil plants need to be cut back. I'll freeze most of what I make, I still have basil cubes from last year which is what I do at the end of the season when I strip the plants. August already, that went fast.


I planted a squash I'm not familiar with and cannot find the name stick. It is a bland thing, really no flavor with a skin that is eatable when cooked. I stuffed a couple last evening with Italian sausage, farro, tomato and feta. I sprinkled the squash with some smoked paprika. It helped. I have enough for another meal, which was the plan.

I'm off to pick basil, make pesto and then stop procrastinating over reading about procrastination.


6 comments:

Boud said...

I wonder if it's delicata squash. Stripey edible skin, prized by people who can taste it, which is not me. Needs all the help it can get.

Sandra said...

I looked up delicata squash. It's not that, it's shaped like an acorn squash and is solid green. No flavor. This needs all the help it can get, too.

Lori Skoog said...

We have had some serious humidity. Did you send it? Here's what I have to say....you are bright, a great writer, an amazing cook and you love horses....and dogs....and cats. All good things. You are in charge of you and know yourself better than anyone. I'm older than you and I only do what I want to do now. Isn't that alright? If you are procrastinating, that means you are aware of something that still needs to be done. You will get there.....

Val Ewing said...

I procrastinate too and am aware of it. I do what is generally immediate and then put things off that are not immediate.

I do not have wise words for you at all.

So was that article any good?

Sandra said...

Thank you, Lori. I'm sorry we keep sending the humidity, the weather won't listen to me!

Sandra said...

Val, I haven't read it yet! Yes, I am a putter offer.