Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

WF Last of Roses

I've been asked to show photos of the horses. It's difficult for me to get photos right now, but I have lots of photos, some fairly recent, others not.

This is baby Zing, WF Last of Roses


Zing was an orphan. His dam, LF Diamond Rose, died after birth from a ruptured uterus. I had to hand raise the boy, which was a lot of work. We made it through it. He is a good natured clown of a horse, he acquired the name "Naughty Pants" from one of his trainers. Hand raising horses can make them pushy and mouthy, he is not so much like that, mostly due to his good temperament, partly due to me being "she who must be obeyed" and partly due to an old no nonsense gelding I had that I was able to put with Zinger when he reached about three months old. The fellow was raised on goat milk, it is much more digestible than cow milk. We've attributed his height to the expensive diet he was on for three months. He is tall for an Arabian, 16hh.

Zing without makeup a couple of years ago.


Zing with makeup at three

Zing had a career in the show ring starting as a yearling in halter. He accumulated several Class A Championship titles, Region X titles and a Canadian National Top Ten Sweepstakes Top 5 and Open Top 10. Very good for a stallion handled by a relatively unknown trainer, owned by someone not a millionaire. Other than racing thoroughbreds the Arabian Show World (caps give it emphasis they are sure is warranted) has the most wealth involved. 

Full body of the super model. 


This was Zing's last trainer, Kristina. She and I had a lot of fun together and she was a perfect match for Naughty Pants, although the first couple of times he met her he tried to mount her. He was serious.  She came back. We found out it was a body lotion she was using, he interpreted it as a mare in heat. He was raised by a human, so maybe he has some species issues. That never happened again. Phew.

He spent five years with Kristina. We were both sad when she had to move on, but other things came up in her life that made it necessary. She was my last young person, out of a list of quite a few, who worked on the farm. It made such a difference having young, enthusiastic women around me. They kept me young. 


He's such a good and handsome fellow. He's now 21, looks three and often acts two. He's the remaining stallion on the farm, he is so easy it doesn't matter if he keeps his parts.

 

12 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I am so happy you posted these photos and this look back on your beautiful Naughty Pants stud. How stunning he is and absolutely beautiful.

I've always admired Arabian horses, they manage to look so majestic. My red headed molly mules are from a 1/2 arab and quarter cross horse I had.

I spent a lot of time around some pretty special Arabs in the endurance world when I photographed events and even rode in some events.

Thank you!

Pixie said...

He is a beautiful horse and doesn't look his age. My disabled daughter used to do theraputic riding until it became too stressful for her. She slipped off a horse, landed on her feet, but never really got over it.

One of the horses she used to ride was called Tuffy. They retired him at 30 but he got depressed so they brought him back. He worked until he died of a stroke at 41. My daughter rode him the week before he died. He was a good horse.

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for posting these photos! Naughty Pants is one handsome boy! Wow! 16 hands...he must have stood out at shows. Is he a Polish Arab? I hope you start feeling well enough to spend some time with you 15 babies. Was Kristina a dressage rider? Keep those pictures coming......

Boud said...

This is a great post. I know nothing of horses so everything you tell us is interesting, and I like how well you know and understand them as individuals.

Sandra said...

Val, I can see the quarter horse influence in your round bottom girl! Arabs are smart, good horses. One of my foals went on to be an endurance horse, a son of Zing.

Sandra said...

Pixie, 41 is a long time! Coming off a horse, even a soft landing can be traumatic, too bad it happened. Therapeutic is so good. Zinger is forever young!

Sandra said...

Zing's sire was a straight Egyptian.His dam was Polish/Gainey. Yes, Kristina was a dressage trainer. Dressage was what we did. I'd had a Prix St. George gelding training for Grand Prix when arthritis stopped him.

Sandra said...

Boud, I've spent 2/3 of my life with horses! My dad loved horses and had two before I came around. He is why I was able to have one as a child. They are all individuals, like us some have big personalities. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

He is a beauty! :)

Sandra said...

Thank you, Far Side!

julochka said...

He's gorgeous with or without makeup. <3

Sandra said...

julochka, he knows it!