Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Yessiree

I had a very good video appointment with my new doctor.


I have had a history of difficulty with doctors. I had a good one for several years but I couldn't stand his partner, which wouldn't have made a difference if the partner hadn't entered politics. He became a state senator and is now running for governor. He's an empty suit with a megalomania complex. An anti-Covid guy to boot. His wife was my vet, I don't know how she fit in with him, she was a lovely person and a good vet. Anyway.....I couldn't go to that small private practice clinic anymore.  This all just came out and I decided to let it!

Back to the new doctor. She listens and is reasonable. That's really all I ask. No condescension, that shouldn't be something I happy dance about, but it is. 

Otherwise, it's a nice day, there may be some audiobook time on the little deck. Wine may be involved. I feel as if a celebration is in order.

8 comments:

Boud said...

Yes, I have not had unmixed experience with doctors, firing more than one for sheer outright rudeness, interrupting, failure to look at test results, making it clear they didn't want to treat older women. My current blessed primary care doctor is a woman whose referrals are all to other women, and I finally feel I'm in good hands. It's a great feeling. I'm glad you've found one you like.

Listening and respect don't seem like much to ask, though, do they? Yet they are rarer than we'd like.

Sandra said...

Boud, they sure are. Mark has been amazed and appalled at the difference in how he is treated as opposed to me. As you know, as we age we need them more, you really need a good one. I'm happy for you finding a good one and I think I have, too. Yay for us!

Val Ewing said...

Finding a caring doctor who listens is like finding a gold mine. I was lucky years ago to have a PA that took me on.

I'm always happy when I hear someone else finds a good doc that does not act like a know it all and can listen to a patient's concerns.

Yesterday Rich's new doc said to him, "We always listen to the patient first, that is our job!"

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is always good to have a Doc that listens, hope this one works out for you! :)

Sandra said...

Val, that's a doctor worth keeping!

Sandra said...

Thanks Far Side, I like her!

julochka said...

I admire you for giving up your doctor due to politics - more of us need to cut off those repuglicans (yes, that's an intentional "typo" because they're so repugnant). But man, I've seen some things that clown has said. Hopefully the people of Minnesota will remain sane and reject him.

Sandra said...

julochka, he is also a lousy dr. Mark has a cousin who sees him and loves him. I have to see him a couple of times when my dr was out. He couldn't be bothered with me. The last time I was in with a persistent cough and overall body pain. He ignored me, was leaving the room, I asked what's wrong with me. He raised his arm, showing me the back of his hand, said inflammation and left me sitting there. That's who he is.