Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, August 1, 2022

Cats, Dog and Stuff

It's a lovely day, a welcome break that's only today.  The beginning of a new month and hopefully some rain sometime soon.

Keetah got told off first by Jiggs, the tripod kitty, for sticking her nose in the queen's face. Hiss swat. Then she got told off by a stray cat that moved onto the farm during the winter but is still feral. Big time cat growl. It hasn't been Keetah's day. I know the feeling.

I watched a movie yesterday, Ladies in Lavender, a 2004 production with Maggie Smith and Judy Dench. As you can imagine with those two in it, it was a pleasant couple of hours. I'm listening to a book, Apples Don't Fall, by Liane Moriarty, set in Australia. The book is good but I have difficulty with the accent. Not enough difficulty I won't finish it. 


The next wave of blooms are blooming. It's amazing considering how hot and dry it is. There is a certain amount of resilience. 


And then there's more zucchini. This time baked with garlic, fresh basil and havarti. There will be a break from zucchini tonight, I don't know what dinner will be but it will be sans zucchini. I'm impatiently waiting for tomatoes and eggplant, it feels like neither will ever come, and then I'll have too much. Such problems I have.

6 comments:

Boud said...

Havarti is definitely classy ingredient. I can see other veggies working well there, too.

I remember Ladies in Lavender, a kind of charming sort of movie. Nice, undemanding.

Sandra said...

Yes, egg bake is a go-to when I don't have anything planned. You can put anything in it. The cheese notched it up a bit.

That's a good description. Undemanding.

Val Ewing said...

I'm coming to eat at your house, you and Lori Skoog always have the most amazing meals.

We had over an inch of rain last night. Last year it was so dry here, but thank goodness now we have moisture!

Lori Skoog said...

Of course I would have loved your dinner. We are out of zucchini so I'm going to have to find a friend who is growing some. We had some heat and humidity today and hopefully will get some rain this evening. It's nice that you and Val are getting to know each other. We have been communicating for a long time. It would be such a pleasure to really spend some time with my blogging friends. I wonder if I am ever going to get in a reading groove....just can't seem to get started.

Sandra said...

You are in a neighboring state< Val, so it could be possible! We desperately need rain.

Sandra said...

So you are where I found Val, Lori. Thanks! 12 years ago I met two blogging friends and their families. One all the way from Denmark! We have remained friends all these years. I am a life long reader, since I was a young child. These days I'm more of a listener. I found I like being read to. So, sort of like I'm still a child, except no one read to me then. So I'm making up for it now!