Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, August 8, 2022

Basil Here, Basil There


We had rain! Glorious, fabulous, welcome rain. Hallelujah! It started around seven last night and was still going strong and steady when I went to bed at eleven. I felt almost giddy. Everything feels just a little better today. Even the temperature, currently 64 F with low humidity. 

I got two small jars of pesto made yesterday by giving two basil plants a trim. I have two more to snip but I had enough basil scent and taste for the day. I like basil but in large amounts it is overbearing.



*I made the rest of the pesto, got three more small jars, these made with walnuts instead of pignoli.

Tomorrow is my appointment with pain management and rehap. I'm a little nervous as I don't know what to expect. My friend told me I must get better so I can visit her in Denmark. I sure want to. I'm too young to be this old.

Today is Monday which means laundry day, the only schedule I stick to. I try to setup scheduled days for other tasks but they don't stick, for some reason Monday laundry does. It's something, isn't it. I've had the laundry room on the main floor for twenty years and still appreciate it every week. It doesn't feel like a chore.

Before I close out I want to say how glad I am the Dems got the bill through the Senate. It is far from perfect, thanks to a couple of "democrats", but it is still worth a lot. We must deal with the quickly changing climate. We must remain diligent. 


6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

I can't wait to experience your recent weather. It is supposed to cool down tonight and I will take more rain....hope it arrives. A trip to Denmark sounds like a great goal....you are on your way. By the way...all three horses are geldings. Today they were together for 5 hours and Rebel still gave Ronin the body language. Hopefully we are getting closer to peace. I have to confess that I have never made pesto.
Lori

Sandra said...

Lori, Rebel has ownership over his territory and his pony. He is the alpha and Ronan needs to be told, although Ronan doesn't look like he cares! You must make pesto, it's so simple and you can use so many things. Parsley, fennel fronds, just about any greens as well as sun-dried tomatoes. Pignoli are ridiculously expensive but just about any nut will do. Basil freezes well if it's coated in oil.

Val Ewing said...

Ahhh! I may have to learn how to make pesto, it sounds like something I might be able to do.

I bet the rain was incredible. We had 2 inches total on Saturday and Sunday. Now we have a lot of mud.

But that is okay, it is better than being totally dry and crunchy.

I'm happy that bill passed. I hope that Medicare can negotiate prices on medications. The VA does that and I wonder why Medicare wasn't able to.

Sandra said...

Val, you don't need to be any kind of a cook to make pesto, it's very simple. Give it a try.

We were so dry that the couple of inches didn't make it muddy.

julochka said...

Yes, you must come visit me! And yay for the climate bill - it's not everything it needed to be, but it's a start.

Sandra said...

julochka, I really do. It is a start. Finally.