Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Back in Time

We made our annual trek to the drive-in, located in Delano. It's only about a 20 minute drive.




The food is good and it's a bit of nostalgia. Where I grew up these were common, at the time. Drive-in theatres, too. It was a lovely, mild day, perfect for hanging a tray on the window filled with food.

Today, another mild one. I noticed the first sign of color on an Ash tree yesterday. Let us hope the blast furnace is turned off. We have so much to do outside because of the heat and humidity we had all summer. It was just too awful to do yard work and. It will be a busy Fall, let it be a long Fall. I'm caught-up on produce and basil processing. I have not got one spare inch in any freezer. I have the ingredients for eggplant soup roasted and plan that for our lunch today. Soup weather has arrived. I know it's been hot in the Northeast, I wish you better weather. Maybe you have it now.

6 comments:

Boud said...

That looks like a trip back in time! Are you catching them before they close for the season? You didn't mention your menu choices..

Thank you, our weather is much more enjoyable now after some exciting wind and rain.

Sandra said...

Yes, we did. This weekend is it, then they are closed for the season. Mark had a Delano burger, which is a double burger with Swiss cheese and mushroom and a raspberry shake. I had a single cheese burger and a rootbeer float. We also has a basket of fries. They have this cut fries that are perfectly made and really good buns for the burgers. Best floats and shakes around. It's a good thing it's not in the towns just a few miles from us, we would go there more than once a year!

We really need rain. I'm happy you missed the worst of it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like a good time out! In a few weeks many eating establishments will close for the winter:)

Sandra said...

Far Side, it really was. We both enjoyed it more than might be considered ‘normal’! Yes, the seasonal places close this month. Some of it due to school starting, I guess.

e said...

Looks like fun and reminds me of when I was a kid in the 60s.

Sandra said...

e, it was fun! You can almost here the song from Happy Days.