Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Easy Peasy

I made a second loaf of the simplest bread possible.

The first loaf stuck to the baking dish, even though it was well oiled, so this time I called parchment paper to my rescue. Anyone can make this, even if you have never, ever made bread. The YouTuber who made it said she came upon it because of a mistake she made with liquid in her standard focaccia recipe. I wish my mistakes turned out this well. 
https://youtu.be/a_EzxqhCcdw?si=2Rjrkz-hNUJoJv7n


Other than making bread I did no cooking yesterday. Mark had to go to town, so he picked up tacos from the deli for lunch. He had a dental appointment in the afternoon and bought pizza for dinner on his way home. It was a high calorie day. I like to cook but a reprieve is always welcome. 


10 comments:

Boud said...

I fancy trying this, thank you. Always up for interesting bread.

Sandra said...

Boud, I think you will like it. Anything easy and good gets my attention.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I think I can actually smell this loaf of this beautiful bread.

This is a beautiful photo.

Take Care,
Kaye

Lori Skoog said...

I am so jealous!!!!

Val Ewing said...

I may even try something like this in the winter months. LOL. Baking is intimidating.

Sandra said...

Kaye, it is really good. Give the recipe a try. There is nothing to making this bread.

Sandra said...

Lori, you've said you aren't a bread maker. Believe me, you can make this bread.

Sandra said...

Val, this cannot fail.Give it a try. Impress Rich with your skill!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Bit late in catching up on blog reading, but bread making was on my mind and so I watched the video, thanks for the link, Sandra. I will be baking this bread to serve with homemade soup this weekend on a forecasted rainy Saturday😋

Sandra said...

Hey, Beatrice! You've been kind of busy traveling. This bread is so easy you won't believe it. Perfect with soup.