Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Meandering

Can we say late 1970s? Oh, ya.


I have very straight hair and wanted curly hair. I was told by a stylist in the 80's to stop having my hair permed. She told me thick, fine textured hair does not perm well. Boy, was she right. This is what a Afghan puppy looks like. Fallon was maybe five-six months old. The absolute most trying dog ever. I loved her and I never wanted another. I have worn those bib aprons a long time, I am my grandmothers clone!

Mark commented a couple of days ago that the days are flying by. Yes, yes they are. I know many of us are at the stage of life where we stop, look around and say "what happened"? Time. Time happened while we weren't looking. Which leads me to how I have been attempting to live the rest of my life. I don't need to strive. I don't need to compete. I don't even have to work all that hard. I do need to appreciate life and all that comes with it. Not that I can actually appreciate everything that comes with it, but you know what I mean. I have always been a future thinker. I am not one to give much thought to the past, which is overall fine, but not always. Breeding horses was always about what comes next. I am now a for-the-moment thinker. The past is gone, the future is the next second. I had no intention of going in this direction. I guess my brain decided on its own. Anyway, my mantra, which I think I said before; Drink the wine (beer, tea, coffee, water) enjoy the food, pet animals, be kind. I have repeated it enough to myself that it has actually taken root. Self-talk maybe does work.

Enough of that. I've got soup simmering for lunch, to have with that unbelievably simple bread. It's overcast and 60sF outside. It's all good. Happy Thursday.

11 comments:

Boud said...

Same weather here, for once. The couple of Afghan hounds I've met were very highstrung, coupled with headstrong, what a combo.

Sandra said...

Boud, I determined that they are still partly wild. They don't give one whit about pleasing people. She was something!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice day here today but I was in clinic half the day:( Not my idea of fun. Make the best of each day...cause it could be worse...I think that is my mantra:)

Ami said...

Adult ADHD is different than the kid variety. The kids don't want to know what's going on, they want to know what's next.

People who are getting older (ME!!!) just want to know what's going on.

I had a discussion with 'my' kids awhile back. They were talking about how long it took for their birthdays to come. I said mine were awfully close together. We decided that it's because a year is 1/62 of my life and 1/6 of theirs.

Makes a difference!

I never permed my hair. Never have dyed it, either. Weird, huh?

e said...

I would love your 60 degree weather! I have been reading and cooking and still sometimes crying...I hope you enjoy your soup.

Sandra said...

Farside, excellent mantra!

Sandra said...

Ami, the what's next just isn't all that exciting as it once seemed to be! That was a good way to explain to the little ones.

Sandra said...

Oh, Ami, I had my hair turned ash blond once. It was not long before I had it all cut off! Olive skin and blond hair did not work.

Sandra said...

e, I love my 60 degree weather! The soup was very good. It's good to cry, grief is necessary. Making soup helps, this is what I think.

Lori Skoog said...

Love this photo! I share your mantra.....

Sandra said...

Thanks, Lori. I'm glad you do, it makes life easier. From someone who never made life easy!!