Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, September 1, 2023

Breakfast and More

Pizza for breakfast.
Why not?


I spent the better part of yesterday ordering glasses for Mark. He got a new prescription earlier in the week and I set about trying to order online, which is how I get my glasses. He felt more comfortable about it when his Primary told him that's how she gets hers. Mark is legally blind. His prescription is very costly, so if I can keep the price down, I will. Where I buy mine doesn't do prescriptions that strong. I went to another well advertised site and was told they needed to approve the prescription, which was a red flag that they don't do that strength. I then went to a local online that also has a brick and mortar in Minneapolis. They do that strength of prescription, so ordering done. And not a couple of thousand dollars spent. If he needs some form of adjustment or they just aren't right we can go into Mpls for that. I'm next on the eye exam list.

Bill brought me another huge box of tomatoes. I'm overwhelmed by tomatoes. Mark will be going to a client next week that's near where the son lives. I'm going to ask him if he wants tomatoes, fresh or processed and Mark can drop them off. I told Bill I'd take what he didn't use, never thinking it would turn into tomatogeddon.

Let's end on a hot note. It will be blazing hot all next week. I don't know where I live.

14 comments:

Boud said...

I use an optometrist to do all my eye exams, rx, and lab work, more expensive but easier in the long run. When the glasses come in, he remeasures and fits them on my face before I get to take them home. He used to take care of handsome partner's massive correction, very successfully. So I stay with him.

You never know what you're agreeing to ahead of the picking! maybe an upper limit would be good, but not socially proper.

Sandra said...

You got the socially proper part of the equation perfectly! I have to take them.

We will see how it goes. The are fully refundable if it doesn't work. I'm used to doing this as I buy glasses online. Having a store near enough helps if there are problems. If it works I'll order a spare for him and it will still be half the cost.

Lori Skoog said...

Pizza for breakfast is fine with me! Looks delicious. It's going to be in the low 90s here starting on Sunday...not looking forward to it. Hope all goes well with Mark's new glasses.

Sandra said...

Lori, by Monday we could be 100. What! We will find out in about a week, actually longer as he will need to adjust to the prescription. The optometrist also told him not to be hasty. Mark told me he isn’t like that, which got a big laugh out of me. I reminded him of the last time. He remembered. Ah, yes. Kind of the opposite of laid back and chill.

Anonymous said...

Tomatogeddon! You are so funny, I love it.

It is going to be wet and cool all weekend.

I love pizza anytime.

Take Care,
Kaye

Far Side of Fifty said...

WE have lots of tomatoes also and more are going in the freezer for a cooler day to work with them. Stay cool...I am thinking with the humidity...Africa:(

Val Ewing said...

There are a lot of tomatoes out there! My two plants have over 30! I hope they do ripen.

I've never done glasses on line but I know of others who have had great success with that.
Saving $$ is always a good thing.

Sandra said...

Kaye, it feels as if they may be taking over the world. Or at least my freezer. I agree, pizza anytime!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I've run out of freezer space. Hopefully he won't be bringing any more. Africa, Vietnam. Sure not MN.

Sandra said...

Val, with the hot weather they should ripen. I've bought my glasses twice online and have had no problems. If it doesn't work for him we will return them.

e said...

You are living in global warming and climate change. I'm sorry about your blazing heat. Good luck with the tomatoes. as I'm here eating jarred sauce with pasta for breakfast and admiring your luscious looking pizza!

Sandra said...

I eat pasta for breakfast, too! Sometimes with an egg. We are experiencing the unfortunate results of head-in-the-sand politics where climate has been concerned.

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad you guys got your glasses started. Pizza photo looks GOOD!

Sandra said...

Thanks, Ivy. It will probably be the end of the week before they arrive.