Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Monday, September 25, 2023

Accomplished!

I did follow through with my plan yesterday. I turned the self-clean on in the morning, then when it cooled, I gave it a thorough scrubbing, range and vent hood. Badly needed, believe me. My life over the past couple of years has not been 'me'. It's hard to believe I bought this twenty-three years ago. Today is laundry but I will work on cleaning the open shelves, both the shelving and the items on them. I cook a lot, much of it on the stovetop, which means that greasy film of dust covers everything.


Speaking of cooking on the stovetop....after all that work, guess what I did? Yes, I sautéed chicken and vegetables. The pot you see on the stove was cooking rice. I added fresh tomato pesto to short grain brown rice. Very good. As you can see, I'm not afraid of olive oil!

I have to get moving before I lose my mojo. I'll visit you all later today. Happy Monday! 

12 comments:

e said...

Happy Monday to you and wow on the cleaning and cooking!
Gatto looks happy too.

Sandra said...

e, the hard part is keeping the motivation. I can be a little too willing to let it slip. Gatto is happy. He's also the most trying cat I have known!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a big stove, no wonder you are a good cook! That is a big job to clean!

Boud said...

This is a real chef type stove. Impressive.

Sandra said...

Far Side, it is hard to keep clean. The glass top shows every little spot!

Sandra said...

Boud, I bought the stove, a refrigerator, dishwasher, washer and dryer 23 years ago from a now closed local appliance store. They carried Electrolux and Frigidaire, which is a subsidiary of Electrolux. The only thing I still have is the stove. I hope it lasts as long as I need it because the cost to replace it is now prohibitive.

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. Cleaning a stove and oven (even with self cleaning, it only does so much)it is a horrendous job. I think you are the type of person who when you do something you do it well and not half way. I base this on your cooking, your beautiful sewing/designing skills and your pursuit to find answers to your health questions.
Take Care,
Kaye

Lori Skoog said...

You definately have your mojo workin'.

Val Ewing said...

Nice stove! I actually wish I had something like that when making jellies and applesauce -- or things like that. That is a beauty.

Cleaning it must be a bear but I love how it looks. Artwork in the kitchen!

Sandra said...

Kaye, I agree with that, it is a horrendous job. You are perceptive, I do like things done right. Which has another aspect to it, sometimes I do nothing at all! Thank you for your kind comment.

Sandra said...

Lor, for the moment, but I guess that's what counts!

Sandra said...

Val, it's very useful for things like that, when you have a lot going on at once. I was proud of the shine!