Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Rain. Sleet. Snow.

More snow scenes from winters past.



Being unable to get around leads me to images from days gone by. That's not a bad thing, I am enjoying remembering back some. When I would wander around with my good camera, sometimes going out at twilight to catch that setting sun, or, as here, getting photos after a fluffy snowfall.

Yesterday was not a day for that, even if I were able. It rained. Then we had sleet, heavy sleet. Sometime during the night there was about an inch of snow. It's so slushy that the footing for the horses is fine. Ice and hooves don't go well together.

I am craving comfort food which is leading to beef stew for dinner. A simple and satisfying meal when the weather outside is lousy. My pasta larder will be filled in soon. The pasta I buy, but wasn't available, has returned and I ordered. Yippee. I made a mess of my flour order with King Arthur and have an email sent to them asking what I should do. What happened to my brain? I've paid for an order I completed on PayPal but not on King Arthur's site, so I don't know how to fix this. 

The day is ticking away. I'm not dressed yet. I try to keep up a routine, not allowing myself to lay about in PJs and a robe all day. That can bring a person down. Somehow the morning has snuck by me and here I sit, in PJs and a robe. Don't tell anyone. I think I'll rectify this and get myself clothed. You all have the best day possible.


10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We got about 12 inches of snow up here. plenty for the whole winter! I am making scalloped potatoes today. Hope you get your Pay Pal problem solved.

Val Ewing said...

Uff. I don't have but only one account I pay things from so I don't get confuzed. Yeah.

Beef stew sounds awesome. I think we might have eggs tonight. I don't feel like cooking.

I love the snow/winter photos! They are so beautiful. I wish we had pines like that near our house.
The neighbor about a mile away has a beautiful pine that he put lights on!

Sandra said...

You got a lot of snow, Far Side! We are melting. I got the PayPal thing sorted and made my King Arthur order. To save a shipping fee I spent a lot of money. I would rather have product than pay shipping!

Sandra said...

Val, I do almost all shopping online. I have for a very long time. Grocery pick up is a result of the pandemic, though.

We have a old pine tree line around the property. Red cedars grow wild all around us so there are lots of conifers. We live in an area that had to be a softwood forest at one time. We cannot keep up with the trees.

Making beef stew is so simple it's almost not cooking. Almost.

Boud said...

I don't like King Arthur website at all. It has not been designed to work on my tablet. I ended up, after multiple crashes and freezes, ordering King Arthur flour from another vendor! I like the products but wish they would get serious about improving their online presence. They could take a look at Harney's teas, or American spice, small enterprises with very good websites.

Sandra said...

Boud, the website could be better but I have to take credit for this snafu. I need to look up Great River Milling. I used to buy large bags of spelt from them. They had excellent flour. I don’t know how I forgot.

e said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog today. I hope you had a good day and will enjoy your stew. Your horse is gorgeous.

Pixie said...

Some days I stay in pyjamas all day which is not something I did when I was younger. My jammies are comfortable and it's not like I'm going anywhere:)

Sandra said...

Hi, e! The stew was good and thank about the horse. I see we have mutual blog pals.

Sandra said...

Pixie, don't tell, but I did stay in my pajamas all day. For all the reasons you wrote!