Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Gatto
He has been called Cat since coming into the house. Since that seems to have become his name I switched it to the Italian version, Gatto. Mark said it sounded too much like the mob boss, Gotti. Gatti is plural for male cat. I think it's appropriate. Cats are psychopathic killers when they get the opportunity. The number of dead squirrels laid at the back door testifies to that.


He is Mr. Chill. Thinks the dog is his bestie.

Frieda has reclaimed her ottoman and throw. 


 Jiggs has one again made it clear she is above the fray.

I haven't felt well since Christmas Eve. I spent the last two afternoons in bed, with Gatto keeping me company. Now Mark feels he's getting sick. 'Tis the season. We planned to go to the son's on New Years Day, since we missed Christmas Day, but if this continues we will need to cancel. 

I do hope everyone had a pleasant holiday and is looking forward to a New Year of good health and contentment.

10 comments:

Boud said...

I hope you both get well soon. Nice to have the company of a cat when you're resting.

Sandra said...

Thank you, Boud. I hope you have a quick recovery.

He is a good sleep mate, curls up against my legs and lays quietly.

Val Ewing said...

Yikes. I sure hope you get to feeling better.

So you have one more cat! I like his name.

marlane said...

I have got a very bad cough and now an upset stomach. Still able to function but energy is low. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Pixie said...

Cats seem to love sick people, someone to lay with. I hope you're feeling better soon. I've been sick for the past two weeks but not terribly sick, just lots of mucous and pinkeye. Today I'm finally better.

Lori Skoog said...

I love the name for your new cat. Gatto! As for you and Mark, sure hope you feel better soon. Gary and I both have runny noses and sneezing fits off and on. What the heck is going on with all of us? Hopefully you will be fine for New Years Day.

e said...

Great name! I wish you many years of happiness with him. I hope whatever you have passes quickly.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sorry to read that you (and now Mark) are nit feeling well. Resting with a feline companion sounds like a great thing to do. It was also nice to read about the pets in your home. Hope you will both be feeling better and able to celebrate with family. Sending best wishes for recovery and a Happy New Year🎊

Sandra said...

Thank you all for your good wishes. Mark is better, I'm marginally better. Gatto is comfy on the bed. All is pretty good.

Bohemian said...

I do just like Jiggs when I think I'm above the fray. *winks*