Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Sunshine. No Lollipops


There is a strange resemblance between the American Gothic couple and Mark and Sandra. Much closer to reality than Ma and Pa Kettle on the farm, Boud!


So the couple of old farm hermits went out yesterday morning to buy a new grill. The old one bit the dust and hadn't been replaced. I also bought annuals for some immediate color. I plan to use the old seeds I found at my mother's for most of the flowers. It's a lovely day, just the thing for getting out to dig in the dirt and composted manure. The things that float my boat, yep....American Gothic lady here. 



10 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I like dirt. I like to sit in warm dirt and play.
Just time outside will be nice!

I am planting a lot of old seeds too that I've collected.

Sandra said...

I’m about to start my planting, Val. Mark is rejuvenating the soil then I’ll plant.

Boud said...

I'm about to chuck about, I mean broadcast, some seeds, too.

Lori Skoog said...

You go girl!

Sandra said...

Boud, chuck on!

Sandra said...

Lori, ha! We got some things done.

e said...

Good for you!

Sandra said...

A little at a time, e!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Playing in the dirt is good for the soul!

Sandra said...

Far Side, I agree!