Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, May 5, 2023

Perseverance

Boxed In


Do not for one second believe the innocence in this face. This guy wears tight naughty pants.


What the box contained.
 


I like to make tortillas but didn't have a press, I'd use a rolling pin. I never got it quite right, so I had a brilliant idea....buy a press. So I did. Of course I've been talking about eliminating possessions, but hey, it's small. I had to buy a new kitchen TV last week. The old one was losing it's picture, it was getting too dark to see what was happening. This was a replacement and not an addition. I spend most of my time in the kitchen and like to have a TV there, even if I rarely pay attention.

I was able to get more done than usual yesterday. Today I'll be busy in the kitchen making sauce and bread. My self-diagnosis and treatment, with Dr. Google assisting, seems to be working. I'm starting to feel better. A long way from feeling anywhere near good, but also not feeling quite ready for the grave. I actually feel hopeful that I will get better. Mark is still waging the battle of the woodland. He will never win, but he keeps trying.

May we all keep trying, whatever the goal.


10 comments:

Boud said...

I make tortillas now and then, not often enough to buy a press. I roll them out in a floured Ziploc bag. I suppose they're not perfectly uniform but I haven't had any complaints up to now.

Sandra said...

There’s my problem. I didn’t use a ziplock bag. I couldn’t get them thin enough. The press is inexpensive so I decided to give myself a present!

Bohemian said...

Awwwww, say it ain't so that the Cat in the Box is a Rascal... just look at that Face. *Winks* My Tortillas not only never turn out Round, but, they end up thick and become Gorditas. I still have a Press tho', I was under the delusion that all the Years that The Daughter lived in Mexico, she's eventually come Home and make me fresh Tortillas every Morning... bwahahaha...

Lori Skoog said...

Yes indeedy! Keep trying! You sound so great and able to do much more than you did a short while ago. Something is working.

Barwitzki said...

But a big smile on my face... what this photo - No. 1 :-)))
the press looks good... have fun using it. I bake wholemeal rye bread with sourdough... I have a grain mill and paint the flour myself. I wish you lots of fun baking.
Best wishes to you from Viola

Val Ewing said...

Perseverance is the word of the day... one step at a time. One thing at a time.
Actively taking care of yourself as you are doing is really making a difference. Kudos.
And nice tortilla press. I had no idea those even were a thing.

Sandra said...

Dawn, she's waiting for you to make them for her! That boy is an adorable looking orange demon. Cute so far is working for him.

Sandra said...

Viola, you are serious about your bread! Gatto is very cute and VERY naughty. So far cute is winning.

Sandra said...

Lori, I either give up or try. I did the give up for awhile, now I'm giving trying a try. My spirit is willing.

Sandra said...

Val, I do have more motivation. I decided instead of complaining about the tortillas being too think I should just buy a press. I like tortillas and had stopped making them because of that. I think Boud's method would help make them thinner without a press. I kind of like gadgets, I cannot lie!