Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, May 26, 2023

Petunia


Pretty


We went to Fleet Farm this morning for grain, cat food and softener salt, I made a detour to the garden center. I really liked this bright, vibrant pink. Bonus; the hanging baskets are on sale. I got flowers for the urn planters that are on either side of the barn door and a couple more geraniums to fill in the enormous box planter in front of the barn. It's been four years since I planted down there. I need to paint the planter. I picked up a few more herbs and flowers to fill in some other planters. I will need to go online for my trumpet vine. I have enough to busy me this afternoon.

Otherwise, it's sunny and nice at the moment. It's supposed to reach the 80s and be like that for the rest of this month. Keetah and I are heat intolerant. Bill hasn't looked at my mower yet, sigh. Big sigh. Maybe, a big maybe, I can get Mark to mow around the flower beds with the push mower. The trials and tribulations......

12 comments:

Boud said...

Is it possible Bill has forgotten about the mower? I hear your impatience to get the mowing done.

Sandra said...

No, he told Mark yesterday he still needed to look at it. It's touchy with Bill.

e said...

That riot of pink is just beautiful. A real pick me up!

Sandra said...

e, I couldn't pass it up, the only one there of this color.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty pink! Yes the weather has turned warmish here too. I like 74 year round:) I know my head is in the clouds:)

Lori Skoog said...

I would love to see your planters around the barn! Pretty soon you are going to need a brush hog to do your lawn....what the heck is Bill doing?

Val Ewing said...

Our repair guy is like that too, but he runs a shop. We just wait and he eventually gets it done. Of course we've been going to his place to purchase chain saws and mowers for 30 years.

I don't think you can push Bill into things, right?

Those pink petunias...just wow!

Sandra said...

Far Side, it is really pretty. I have it in the screened porch and can see it while in the kitchen. I like mid to upper 60s! My head is in the clouds, too!

Sandra said...

Lori, there's a couple of things. MN is the epicenter of passive/aggressive behavior. It's statewide, but not so noticeable, my experience, in the cities. My experience has been in this one rural area I have lived in that it is on steroids. You cannot push, it gives the opposite result. Even asking about when it will be done can bring up a defensiveness. This is why I call it Bill time. Sometimes it's quick, other times, not so much. You go with the flow.

Sandra said...

Val, you think correctly! Pushing, even a slight nudge, will have a negative effect. We know he can be slow, so we are a part of it.

Pixie said...

I love bright pink flowers, they make me smile, just like yellow flowers as well.

Hope your mower gets fixed soon. Can anybody else fix it? Or once it goes to Bill, that's it? He'd be deeply offended if you actually wanted your mower back in a timely fashion?

Sandra said...

Me, too Pixie. I like yellow and purple petunias together but have difficulty finding yellow.

It wouldn't work to do that. Besides a shop would take just as long or longer. He always does a good job, but he is on his own time.