Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Another Day, or, Yes It's Hot

I wouldn't be me if I let a week go without a trite photo of food. I am unabashedly me!


The first zucchini of the season, but surely not the last. I found a large one hiding under the plant which I will stuff tomorrow. I need to pick some more or I will have zucchini the size of groundhogs by the next day. I have two sweet basil and two Italian basil plants, they are flourishing in this high humidity, me....nope. The wilted lily, am I. Everything is being adorned with basil these days, not that this is a problem. Mark is a dutiful man watering all those pots and tanks. He'd rather carry five gallon pails than pull a hose around, which I understand if you can do it. I cannot do it. 

It's another quiet, sultry day. If this keeps up I may develop a southern drawl. I never came close, though, when I lived in Atlanta. I sure would like to do some things outside, but I tell you what, I am not made for this. So, I stay inside and dream of winter! Or, at least mid October. If I didn't have weather to complain about I'm not sure I'd have anything at all. Ha! Not likely.

So, Cara Mia blogosphere, enjoy your moments as they come.

6 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

It was very hot here today, but I don't think it was as bad as what you are experiencing. If your food photos are trite, then mine are triter...as I post them all the time. Your dinner looks delicious! We now have 250 feet of hose and I finally got Gary to use it yesterday. You could not pay me to carry a five gallon bucket. Did you get any rain yet? We may get some tonight....everything is so parched. Stay cool.....

Sandra said...

Someone said in the last few months that food photos had become trite. It stuck in my head for obvious reasons! Didn't stop me, though. ;)

Mark is in good shape and can carry two of them at a time without a problem. I wouldn't get them off the ground!

No rain, a very short and light rain a couple of nights ago but the deck wasn't wet in the morning. It's going to be close to 100 the next two days and tropical humidity. I sure hope for your sake it doesn't come your way. Fingers crossed it rains for you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very warm here today and supposed to be worse tomorrow. I don't like it either. :)

Val Ewing said...

Impressive on the buckets of water. Some days I carry 2.5 gallon buckets instead of unhooking the hose from the stock tank[s].

I did all my watering and outdoor work before 8 this morning. This afternoon will be a bear.

Stay cool!

Sandra said...

Mark has kept himself strong. We are under a heat warning for two days.
No breeze at all.

I'll be turning on the ancient central air conditioner.

Sandra said...

Far Side, you ended up in spam again! It's terrible today, the old a/c is running .