Everything sublime is as difficult as it is rare. Baruch Spinoza

Friday, July 22, 2022

Bit by Bit, How Change Comes

Mark started to lament about a diet. I calmed him by saying you are not on a diet. Very little will change in what you eat. You will eat less  and that can be incremental. It seemed to work. Last evening we did have pasta, just less of it. A serving is 2/3 cup dry. I had half of that, which isn't unusual for me, and he had the full serving, which is less for him. I sautéed two medium zucchini which gave us a full bowl, along with a little sausage leftover from the stuffed zucchini the evening before. As long as I can fill a bowl or plate for him he will be fine. He never gained weight until recently and ate a lot. I understand. I was the same, but it only lasted into my forties, so he had a long run. He will lose weight, I will not. Que sera sera.


I watched the January 6 hearing last night. I read FOX didn't air it. I don't think it matters that they didn't. I'm an armchair analyst, I know, but (there's always a but), holy moly Rocky. Is a president a King? What does it take? 

Anyway....we are potentially in for some serious weather overnight and into tomorrow. The weather gods don't care what I say, but I say it anyway. Please, just rain. We desperately need rain.

Mark just told me he's brought in more zucchini. We overflow! 

2 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Smaller portions would be a great idea for me. Your dinner looks delicious. Nasty hot here today, you have my sympathies regarding your weather.

Sandra said...

Lori, you have an extremely healthy diet from what I see. My portions crept up on me some but Mark has always eaten a lot. I've said I feed three people. It has caught on to him. Poor guy! This has been a totally lousy summer.